Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: newly pregnant and need advice  (Read 164779 times)
Soccer Mommy
Newborn

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2013, 07:03:47 PM »

Respectfully I have to disagree with a couple of things you said Robbyjo. Meditation and music isn't just for babies comfort but mothers as well. You may be able to say "Scientific" all you want but babies are miracles from God and there is no science involves with a bond between mother and babies, born or unborn. Babies will respond to mother and fathers voices in the womb. My daughter responded to both of our voices when I was juts 5-6 months pregnant. At birth, every time we talked and she was awake she would turn straight to us, because she knew our voices.

I listened to gospel music and country music practically everyday of my pregnancy, and my husband and I sang songs as well. Even now, if there is gospel music or country music on, our daughter immediately relaxes, coos along with it and even relaxes enough to fall asleep to it at times.

You say there is no scientific way about bonding.....that's because not everything can be explained with science. The bond between a mother and a child has been present long before science ever was.

the scientific sound to "improve" the condition of your baby is through health and exercise....really. Yes ofcourse, eating healthy and exercising PROPERLY ONLY WHAT YOU'RE ABLE TO DO WITHOUT OVER DOING IT AND UNDER CONDITIONS OF A DOCTOR are healthy for an unborn baby. However, that is not all a baby needs is it.

Not believing in prenatal education, but you believe in science correct? So science has come and has even proven with ultrasounds that babies in the womb learn to grasp, suck their thumb at times, kick, breath, etc, Even if babies do not learn  in the womb how to count because there is no "scientific data" does not mean they are unable to do so. They listen to their mothers voice and the voices that are constantly around. They feel the touch of a hand on their mothers belly. And there is most certainly that bond between mothers and children in the womb and out.

robbyjo
Toddler

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2013, 03:10:55 AM »

Respectfully I have to disagree with a couple of things you said Robbyjo. Meditation and music isn't just for babies comfort but mothers as well. You may be able to say "Scientific" all you want but babies are miracles from God and there is no science involves with a bond between mother and babies, born or unborn. Babies will respond to mother and fathers voices in the womb. My daughter responded to both of our voices when I was juts 5-6 months pregnant. At birth, every time we talked and she was awake she would turn straight to us, because she knew our voices.

I listened to gospel music and country music practically everyday of my pregnancy, and my husband and I sang songs as well. Even now, if there is gospel music or country music on, our daughter immediately relaxes, coos along with it and even relaxes enough to fall asleep to it at times.

You say there is no scientific way about bonding.....that's because not everything can be explained with science. The bond between a mother and a child has been present long before science ever was.

the scientific sound to "improve" the condition of your baby is through health and exercise....really. Yes ofcourse, eating healthy and exercising PROPERLY ONLY WHAT YOU'RE ABLE TO DO WITHOUT OVER DOING IT AND UNDER CONDITIONS OF A DOCTOR are healthy for an unborn baby. However, that is not all a baby needs is it.

Not believing in prenatal education, but you believe in science correct? So science has come and has even proven with ultrasounds that babies in the womb learn to grasp, suck their thumb at times, kick, breath, etc, Even if babies do not learn  in the womb how to count because there is no "scientific data" does not mean they are unable to do so. They listen to their mothers voice and the voices that are constantly around. They feel the touch of a hand on their mothers belly. And there is most certainly that bond between mothers and children in the womb and out.

Firstly, I think you need to reread my comments: Nowhere did I say that music and mediation do not benefit the mothers. What I do object is "prenatal learning", which I think is absurd.

Secondly, your comment sounds like that it is either science or God, which implies that there is no godly scientist on earth. This is a false dichotomy. It is a very clear stance on your earlier post that got deleted. I hope you stop making such comments.

Thirdly, maternal bond is so far proven on the emotional health of the babies and the moms. There is some smattering evidence scientific that this is the case. However, nothing is known on the education front. Granted, emotional balance can propel learning, but that's a different story.

Fourthly, auditory organ is complete by 26-28 weeks (which means 6 months). Babies may respond to external voice or stimuli. However, calling it "learning" is a huge stretch.

Fifthly, let's say that science later can "prove" prenatal learning. Follow up questions still remain: What is the advantage academically vs. those who do not have such learning? What scope is the advantage? Which methods are beneficial? The existing "learning" hold the potential to harm the fetus.

That said, it is up to the parents to do meditation, music, or whatever approach. I think parents do have the rights to know what has been scientifically proven or not. To me, anecdotal evidence does not hold sway since I cannot ascertain that it is not a random chance.

Soccer Mommy
Newborn

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2013, 03:12:13 PM »

I deleted that post myself so therefore there were no arguments about the topic. You so kindly stated why start a flame-war conversation. Then you started another topic starting one yourself. I am no longer going to reply to you, or your general idea of prenatal learning, seeming on the other thread you have changed your stance numerous times. It's obvious you believe in science alone. I however do not. My faith is God. Yes some science can be proven as stated in the other thread, that's great but my belief is still in God and that's where it will stay. I am going to respectfully agree to disagree for these conversations are not worth any further of my time. I wish you good luck and whether or not you take it may God bless you and your family and have a wonderful Christmas and happy new year!

« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 04:07:15 AM by Kezia » Logged
lenchik_rs
Newborn

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2013, 12:28:44 PM »

Мне кажется очень эффективным пренатальное обучение! К тому же связь матери и ребенка усиливается!

Lia913
Newborn

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2016, 10:04:15 AM »

You can start prenatal education and seminars for future parents any time you think suitable! The earlier you start the more you'll manage to learn before childbirth! And don't forget about the role-playing games - they help.

caralynbuehner
Newborn

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2016, 07:33:01 AM »

I love to have parenting tips from other. Incase, if someone ask me for any suggestion regarding parenting then I would suggest to check http://www.babynology.com/parenting-advice/  since you will be flooded with the advices and tips given here. Best of luck!! thumbs up

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Recent Threads

by newassignmentau, September 29, 2023, 09:52:09 AM
by jasminfernandes, August 18, 2023, 05:42:02 AM
by Annasprachzentrum, August 02, 2023, 08:27:26 PM
by Brileydavis, February 07, 2023, 07:31:40 AM
by justin robinson, January 18, 2023, 12:01:12 PM
by justin robinson, January 18, 2023, 11:26:28 AM
by justin robinson, January 18, 2023, 11:17:08 AM
by justin robinson, January 18, 2023, 11:02:35 AM
by justin robinson, January 18, 2023, 09:45:06 AM
by Thepharmacity, January 04, 2023, 06:12:34 AM
by Sara Sebastian, December 20, 2022, 02:04:21 PM
by Kays1s, December 05, 2022, 02:02:24 AM
by ashokrawat1256, November 11, 2022, 04:54:21 AM
by farnanwilliam, October 22, 2022, 04:12:41 AM
by berryjohnson, February 05, 2020, 12:41:49 PM
Page: 1/4  

Recently Added Files

tamil - months by BhavaniJothi, Dec. 05, 2019
More Shapes - More shapes not originally included in L... by Kballent, Oct. 23, 2019
test1 - test by SSbei, Sep. 08, 2019
Purple Foods - I made some lessons with colored food f... by Kballent, Aug. 07, 2019
Green Foods - I made some lessons with colored food f... by Kballent, Aug. 07, 2019
Yellow Foods - I made some lessons with colored food f... by Kballent, Aug. 07, 2019
Orange - I made some lessons with colored food f... by Kballent, Aug. 07, 2019
Red Food - I made some lessons with colored food f... by Kballent, Aug. 07, 2019
White Foods - As part of Color Themes I made some less... by Kballent, Aug. 07, 2019
Fruits & veggies mascots - This is Polish \"must have\" mascots :) ... by Agnole, Feb. 24, 2018
Page: 1/3  

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 214667
  • Latest: sejal01
Stats
  • Total Posts: 110526
  • Total Topics: 19136
  • Online Today: 211
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:09:49 AM)
Users Online