Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: We love Little Musician!  (Read 9831 times)
andreasro
Preschooler

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2015, 10:50:31 AM »

We've been using Soft Mozart on and off (I'm the culprit, not the software) and we've had wonderful results. Both boys have musical ear and perfect pitch. I still consider Soft Mozart being the greatest tool for us to learn to play piano and also train different musical abilities. My oldest, who has a congenital brain malformation has been playing piano due to Soft Mozart. Taking into account he has corpus callossum disorder and a interhemispheric cyst - things which, after my knowledge, would make him a kid usually not being able to play piano with both hands or at least with less chances to do that - I see him as the wonder in our family.

So far I haven't been interested in Little Musician much because we've had Soft Mozart. But I've discovered, just like other BK parents shared from their experience, that these programs are great different tools that complete each other and also complete our customized homeschool curriculum.

Below is a video of my boys watching Little Musician lesson in our 4th day of Lite version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCPct7gxds

They absolutely love it! And we want to have the software in our family. They're asking the music lessons.
Our boys need different ways for teaching same things. Sometimes they are attracted to one way, sometimes to another. Or it just helps a lot having various tools to use throughout the day. Bringing music into our lives has been one of the greatest things we could have possibly done for our children. My guitar teacher is stunned by our oldest's musical abilities. Nothing would have been the same unless we started using Soft Mozart and whatever we could get our hands on for music education (books on composers, listen to online videos of concerts, etc.).

Always trust your instinct or intuition as a parent. We DO know what is best for our children. And, at least as far as I'm concerned, sometimes we need more courage to stick to what we feel and being more consistent and organized ourselves and believe - believe in us and the kids.

Wink

« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 02:21:41 PM by andreasro » Logged

KL
The Architect
Administrator
Tween

I'm a Dad!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 11:39:47 AM »

That's so nice to hear, Andrea, thanks for sharing!  smile

andreasro
Preschooler

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 02:24:43 PM »

Thank you KL, to you and the entire Brillkids team. I've enjoyed your programs for years and Little Musician is like the cherry on the cake for us now smile  heart
Adding the videos at the end of each day is a fantastic idea. This day has been the first time they wanted to see the videos for themselves and just picked whatever they wanted to watch and hear. They are hooked on music! Yay!

nadja2112
Newborn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 07:23:41 PM »

Thank you for sharing! My 15-month-old loves Little Musician, too. I have recently read "You Can Be a Musician" by Hellene Hiner, and I'm very excited to start Soft Mozart with my son in the near future. I am one of those musically illiterate people Hellene writes about, and I see this as a chance to become musically literate myself. I really can't wait. So, one question for you, based on your experience, at what age do you recommend starting Soft Mozart?

andreasro
Preschooler

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 09:43:09 AM »

Hi, Olenka!
My youngest has been able to name, meaning SOUND the notes using Soft Mozart since he was 1 year old smile And he had access to the keyboard (that has the SM symbols on it) after he was 6, there is even a video of us with him pressing the keys at 8 months.
I would use Soft Mozart just like Little Musician - as early as possible. For the younger kids, babies that is , I would play to them as parent, learning myself, actually that is what I did. We played with the Soft Mozart cards all day long, we had a home made book with the cards, and I allowed each of them to play with Guess Key game. I suspect the youngest knew the notes before he could speak. Cause they were among the first words he spoke at that age (maybe the first words too bwah ha ha).

Seriously, just dare. That's all it takes (beside money to buy the software) - you just do it and set and example, play games and give them a music environment. Both Brillkids and Hellene are right - kids CAN learn very early. Hellene said 2 years old as the earliest age but I think, just like our case shows, that one can use it even much earlier.

It's much easier and more fun when you have older kids playing with stuff, the youngest just soaks in everything.  smile
You should see a 3 year old playing the keyboard - he stole finger positions from his older brother and his mom and maybe even from the videos he watched over time. When people see our kids they say they are geniuses or gifted. I'm convinced they both have a potential that has been helped to get out to light.

Andrea

andreasro
Preschooler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 11:12:18 AM »

The musical pieces in Little Musician curriculum are really well picked. We have 2 more days of the Lite Version, but my oldest has already memorized all the pieces they've listened in the 10 days of curriculum. Not to mention the sudden passion they have for cellos (?) and double bass (?)! They have never liked these instruments as much as after starting learning about them in Little Musician. We're hooked  smile

« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 11:13:54 AM by andreasro » Logged

nadja2112
Newborn

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 12:11:35 PM »

Hi, Andrea --

That's beyond exciting! Originally I was planning on waiting till my little one is 2 years old, but given your experience, I can see there's really no need to wait. Especially that I am so excited to start myself. I'm going to follow your recommendation and just start by playing myself and making an SM-marked keyboard available to my son.

The work you've done with your children is very inspiring. This is why I love this forum. Thank you!

andreasro
Preschooler

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 07:43:42 PM »

The main wonderful thing with these software is training the child's ear. You train your child's year and also help her verbalize, speak and sound the notes (which in fact are words, right?). Have fun! You will be a great piano player and music teacher, mom Wink

Assignment Writing
Preschooler

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2019, 03:02:50 PM »

I can only imagine how much research has gone into this. I like your writing skills as it makes one feel included in the journey. Thank you for the valuable notes.
college essay help
homework essay
online statistics homework help
thesis writing help
Airbnb swot analysis
complete course work for me
economics homework help
Walmart PESTLE analysis
<a herf="https://www.alphaassignmenthelp.com/research-paper-writing/">Research Papers[/url]
<a href= “https://www.alphaassignmenthelp.com/business-plan-writing/”> creating a business plan [/url]
pay for essay
academic essay
Dissertation Writing Services
<a herf="https://www.alphaassignmenthelp.com/research-paper-writing/">research paper writing help[/url]
pay for homework
assignment writing service
<a herf="https://www.alphaassignmenthelp.com/research-paper-writing/">Research Paper Writing[/url]
my assigment
<a href= “https://www.alphaassignmenthelp.com/essay-writing-service/”> best essay writing service[/url]
cheap essay writing service
online assignment help
my assignment help
best dissertation writing service
assignment writing help
assignment help
Dissertation Help Online
Wal mart PEST analysis
Walmart PEST analysis
Finance Assignment Help
mba assignment help
Walmart PESTLE
Airbnb swot
<a herf="https://www.alphaassignmenthelp.com/project-management-assignment/">Project Management Assignment[/url]
Marketing Assignment Help
SWOT analysis Airbnb
economics assignment help
college assignment
College assignment help
assignment help usa
best assignment help
<a href="https://www.alphaassignmenthelp.com/”>cheap assignment writing service[/url]
assignment help australia
assignment writing uk
assignment help service
case study assignment writing

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Recent Threads

by newassignmentau, September 29, 2023, 09:52:09 AM
by jasminfernandes, August 18, 2023, 05:42:02 AM
by Annasprachzentrum, August 02, 2023, 08:27:26 PM
by Brileydavis, February 07, 2023, 07:31:40 AM
by justin robinson, January 18, 2023, 12:01:12 PM
by justin robinson, January 18, 2023, 11:26:28 AM
by justin robinson, January 18, 2023, 11:17:08 AM
by justin robinson, January 18, 2023, 11:02:35 AM
by justin robinson, January 18, 2023, 09:45:06 AM
by Thepharmacity, January 04, 2023, 06:12:34 AM
by Sara Sebastian, December 20, 2022, 02:04:21 PM
by Kays1s, December 05, 2022, 02:02:24 AM
by ashokrawat1256, November 11, 2022, 04:54:21 AM
by farnanwilliam, October 22, 2022, 04:12:41 AM
by berryjohnson, February 05, 2020, 12:41:49 PM
Page: 1/4  

Recently Added Files

tamil - months by BhavaniJothi, Dec. 05, 2019
More Shapes - More shapes not originally included in L... by Kballent, Oct. 23, 2019
test1 - test by SSbei, Sep. 08, 2019
Purple Foods - I made some lessons with colored food f... by Kballent, Aug. 07, 2019
Green Foods - I made some lessons with colored food f... by Kballent, Aug. 07, 2019
Yellow Foods - I made some lessons with colored food f... by Kballent, Aug. 07, 2019
Orange - I made some lessons with colored food f... by Kballent, Aug. 07, 2019
Red Food - I made some lessons with colored food f... by Kballent, Aug. 07, 2019
White Foods - As part of Color Themes I made some less... by Kballent, Aug. 07, 2019
Fruits & veggies mascots - This is Polish \"must have\" mascots :) ... by Agnole, Feb. 24, 2018
Page: 1/3  

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 214667
  • Latest: sejal01
Stats
  • Total Posts: 110526
  • Total Topics: 19136
  • Online Today: 159
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:09:49 AM)
Users Online