Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Need advise, in what language should my son's nursery class?  (Read 21768 times)
Anpanman12
Newborn

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2015, 03:57:50 AM »

We are Indonesian native and not too fluently speak in english. Since we live in HK, currently my son (22 months) is more introduced to english i.e speak to him more in english and less in Bahasa, flash card in english etc. Thinking that later when he enters school, which in english (still not sure yet, see  down ), then I will start speaking more in Bahasa at home. Now, he understands more english words and even pronounce some english words better than his parents since he listens to songs, flash cards in iPad or tv.

The problem is, I want him to learn Mandarin also. Can anyone advise or share:
- Should I put him to english nursery class to make his english pronunciation better?  (since he listens to us more than all the gadget (screen time is very limited to him, I also flash him card by my self 3 times a day, again my pronunciation is not as good as native)
- Or should i put him to Mandarin Nursery class so he can pick up some mandarin language in his early years and continue in english kindy later? my husband understands bit of Mandarin, but he works and spend less time with my son. But at least, he will talk in Mandarin if my son enter the Mandarin nursery class.

Would really love to hear your thoughts and sharing on this!
thank you

mom2bee
Preschooler

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 02:42:31 PM »

You mention that he can do Mandarin Nursery and switch to English for K and elementary.
Is there an opportunity to do Mandarin in K and elementary?

I think that maybe you should spend the time before elementary building as strong of foundation in Bahasa and English as possible. You want to be sure and give your toddler a full language to communicate with the world around him in. I think its most important that he have a chance to fully strengthen and develop his current languages.

Orsi26
Newborn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 11:53:28 AM »

Hi A,
I would advise you to do all three languages. I raised my kids in that environment, and also have taught parents how to do so - and everyone has great results smile
If I understand you correctly, you speak Bahasa and English - concentrate on those. You can either designate a day or a time of the day for each language - the child can connect it to a time/ or share the responsibility with your spouse or friend - the child can connect it to a person.
You can do the above with 3 languages too. You don't have to teach reading in all languages, although you can if you wan to, just make sure half an hour passes between occasions.
If you don't speak Mandarin, put the child into a Chinese nursery, so he/she can learn it there - however, I wouldn't make the nursery then a full time thing. Either half days, or half weeks should work better, so you can establish the other languages too.
if you need more help PM me.
All the best!

Assignment Writing
Preschooler

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 05:50:25 PM »

This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your work.You can really really helpful  information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to your next post.
college essay help
homework essay
online statistics homework help
thesis writing help
Airbnb swot analysis
complete course work for me
economics homework help
Walmart PESTLE analysis
<a herf="https://www.alphaassignmenthelp.com/research-paper-writing/">Research Papers[/url]
<a href= “https://www.alphaassignmenthelp.com/business-plan-writing/”> creating a business plan [/url]
pay for essay
academic essay
Dissertation Writing Services
<a herf="https://www.alphaassignmenthelp.com/research-paper-writing/">research paper writing help[/url]
pay for homework
assignment writing service
<a herf="https://www.alphaassignmenthelp.com/research-paper-writing/">Research Paper Writing[/url]
my assigment
<a href= “https://www.alphaassignmenthelp.com/essay-writing-service/”> best essay writing service[/url]
cheap essay writing service
online assignment help
my assignment help
best dissertation writing service
assignment writing help
assignment help
Dissertation Help Online

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Recent Threads

by newassignmentau, September 29, 2023, 09:52:09 AM
by jasminfernandes, August 18, 2023, 05:42:02 AM
by Annasprachzentrum, August 02, 2023, 08:27:26 PM
by Brileydavis, February 07, 2023, 07:31:40 AM
by justin robinson, January 18, 2023, 12:01:12 PM
by justin robinson, January 18, 2023, 11:26:28 AM
by justin robinson, January 18, 2023, 11:17:08 AM
by justin robinson, January 18, 2023, 11:02:35 AM
by justin robinson, January 18, 2023, 09:45:06 AM
by Thepharmacity, January 04, 2023, 06:12:34 AM
by Sara Sebastian, December 20, 2022, 02:04:21 PM
by Kays1s, December 05, 2022, 02:02:24 AM
by ashokrawat1256, November 11, 2022, 04:54:21 AM
by farnanwilliam, October 22, 2022, 04:12:41 AM
by berryjohnson, February 05, 2020, 12:41:49 PM
Page: 1/4  

Recently Added Files

tamil - months by BhavaniJothi, Dec. 05, 2019
More Shapes - More shapes not originally included in L... by Kballent, Oct. 23, 2019
test1 - test by SSbei, Sep. 08, 2019
Purple Foods - I made some lessons with colored food f... by Kballent, Aug. 07, 2019
Green Foods - I made some lessons with colored food f... by Kballent, Aug. 07, 2019
Yellow Foods - I made some lessons with colored food f... by Kballent, Aug. 07, 2019
Orange - I made some lessons with colored food f... by Kballent, Aug. 07, 2019
Red Food - I made some lessons with colored food f... by Kballent, Aug. 07, 2019
White Foods - As part of Color Themes I made some less... by Kballent, Aug. 07, 2019
Fruits & veggies mascots - This is Polish \"must have\" mascots :) ... by Agnole, Feb. 24, 2018
Page: 1/3  

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 214691
  • Latest: JOVITA1
Stats
  • Total Posts: 110526
  • Total Topics: 19136
  • Online Today: 126
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:09:49 AM)
Users Online