Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Little Reader Testimonials  (Read 90222 times)
olga harrison
Newborn

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2010, 08:43:00 PM »

Hello,
my name is Olga Harrison and I have just recently bought your Little Reader System. My husband, who is British, and me (I am from Russia) are raising a wonderful bilingual boy (who is now 1.5). I am really glad to find the programm that is using Doman's system of teaching reading in British English. The programme is good, but there are few things that would be nice to have improved:
1) although the pronunciation is British, some words are still from American English which is a little bit disappointing (e.g. egg plant (when talking about the colours) - the british version is aubergine!!!)
2) the ability to be able to download the programme on 2 computers only is particularly sad when we have paid quite a lot of money - as we live in 2 countries: my husband and me have downloaded on our laptops, but when we travel to our second home we are forced to carry one of our laptops with us - which is very inconvinient. Three I believe to be a reasonable amount which gives us enough freedom as well as protects you as a company or, for example, you could have offered a small additional price for extra downloading on the same licence.
3) it would be nice if sounds that make animals could be repeated or instead of one - make it two or three times. That is the main fun, but we need to go back to listen it once again.

I have been using only the first semester for 15 days and by now me and my son have really engoyed your product. I hope my review will help you to become better.

Thank you,
Olga Harrison

MummyRoo
Preschooler

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2011, 11:10:57 AM »

I am now on day 20 of LR and am quite happy with it. I have had to take a couple of long breaks, because my son wasn't interested when we first boght it, but now at 22m he loves it. My friends and family are quite impressed by the number of animals he knows and can imitate. I find that the number of times each word is repeated by following the LR curriculum really helps in recognising and speaking the words, as it is not usual for people to repeat the same set of words systematically over several days through conversation alone, yet this is exactly what a child needs when learning a language!

I must say that the true value of LR hasn't been noticed so much in the English version, as the translations I have made and downloaded in our second language, Russian. Since starting LR in Russian, his understanding of, response to and spoken Russian skills have shot up dramatically. I have found that by repeating lots with LR and using the current LR topics to focus our everyday conversations in Russian that our integration of a second language which we struggled with for 18 months has become quick and easy. The only downside is that only the official curriculum can be marked as watched, and I must keep a separate record for which Russian sessions we have seen - I can't wait for the official Russian curriculum to be released!

MummyRoo
Preschooler

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2011, 10:44:47 PM »

I've just written a much wordier review of LR on my blog. It can be found here: http://dancingwithdinos.blogspot.com/2011/09/little-reader.html  laugh

littlelg
Newborn

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2011, 03:54:14 AM »

Little Reader is absolutely FANTASTIC!!! It's by far the best way to teach your baby to read. And, trust us, we looked and evaluated a lot of different programs, tools, books, and methods.

Our little one absolutely loved it! What amazed us is that even though Little Reader program presents essentially the same content as can be found in books or flash cards, babies react completely differently and are much more engaged by the program.

We highly recommend Little Reader to everyone. You will be amazed how fast you child will learn to read and you will be bragging to your friends in no time. Believe us when we say that we cannot stop talking about Little Reader to all our friends or any new parents we meet.

Lastly, we started Little Reader when our little one was about 20 months, which may be considered late by some. We actually thought it was a good time to start because he was mature enough to concentrate and progressed very quickly. We finished two semesters in under a year with just 10 minutes a day. So to anyone who is starting late, it's definitely not too late!

canuck
Newborn

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2012, 05:15:44 PM »

Feedback: I would like a way to organize using the product with multiple kids. Perhaps have different accounts?

I would REALLY like to be able to use this on my Mac. Or, at least if the iPad version let me: 1) Access my purchased courses 2) had automatic slide transition

Thanks!

Kezia
Administrator
Tween

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2012, 06:07:56 AM »

Hi Canuck! I'm happy to tell you that we will have what we call "child profiles" in the next major update for Little Reader (v3). With this new feature, you can finally keep track of each child's progress even when you're using LR in the same computer for all of them!

Kindly check out KL's post for more details about LR v3 here: http://forum.brillkids.com/little-reader/little-reader-v3-0-look-what's-coming-next!/

About Little Reader Touch, yes, the two points you mentioned are definitely coming in the next app update. In case you missed the promotional free downloads from when we launched our app, please sign in to your BrillKids Account in the app's Settings window and you should see some free files available for you in the Download Lessons screen.

Also, you might want to read more about what we've been up to (and what else is coming next): http://forum.brillkids.com/announcements/what-have-we-been-up-to-at-brillkids/ smile

MarthaT
Preschooler

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2012, 07:00:33 PM »

Really enjoy reading these testimonials, very helpful

Tamsyn
School Age

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2012, 07:01:38 AM »

Here is my review of Little Reader Deluxe.  My software review is here:  http://www.professional-mothering.com/2012/08/brillkids-little-reader-review.html

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GqwwmWElKws&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/GqwwmWElKws&rel=1</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/c7bfcthNrHo&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/c7bfcthNrHo&rel=1</a>

Thank you, BrillKids!  It is so amazing having a little guy that can read better than he can talk.   yes

MarthaT
Preschooler

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2012, 03:29:54 PM »

Great review!

Thomas Cheng
Administrator
Newborn

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2013, 09:02:03 AM »

Good

cokers4life
Preschooler

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2013, 01:17:59 AM »

Yay!  Today was day number 260 of the English Curriculum!   Wow has it been an amazing year!   Seven months later and my 19 month is reading so many words that I can not count them all!   I wouldn't have gotten this far without Little Reader program which has made this process enjoyable and easy!  Thanks for all your hardwork!

Play Discover Learn
www.playdiscoverlearn247.com
Let me be your early learning guide by signing up for Early Learning in 5 minutes or less series. http://eepurl.com/crsPqf
ExtremeBartendingDad
Infant

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2013, 05:54:22 PM »

Thank you for this fantastic game feature in LR. I can see us using this for years and years.
Wyatt loves making choices, moving the big yellow star, instead of a small pointer, and clicking the mouse button.
 it's such a great positive reinforcement.
Our family has been recording our own voices saying applause statements & encouraging "wrong answer"  statements.
The value I got for my money for my money is easily 10 times what I paid.
Scott & Wyatt

norma4444
Newborn

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2015, 05:31:04 PM »

muy buenos productos!

Kenniece Webber
Newborn

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2016, 05:41:53 PM »

I love every aspect of LR and LM. I truly believe the more LR is marketed around the world the more parents would purchase it. For us LR is a neccessity of life. Moreover, thank for assisting parents when we do experience problems. Your prompt feedback just enchancing the program even more. Thank  you so much. Kenniece Webber in Louisiana, USA.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Recent Threads

by newassignmentau, September 29, 2023, 09:52:09 AM
by jasminfernandes, August 18, 2023, 05:42:02 AM
by Annasprachzentrum, August 02, 2023, 08:27:26 PM
by Brileydavis, February 07, 2023, 07:31:40 AM
by justin robinson, January 18, 2023, 12:01:12 PM
by justin robinson, January 18, 2023, 11:26:28 AM
by justin robinson, January 18, 2023, 11:17:08 AM
by justin robinson, January 18, 2023, 11:02:35 AM
by justin robinson, January 18, 2023, 09:45:06 AM
by Thepharmacity, January 04, 2023, 06:12:34 AM
by Sara Sebastian, December 20, 2022, 02:04:21 PM
by Kays1s, December 05, 2022, 02:02:24 AM
by ashokrawat1256, November 11, 2022, 04:54:21 AM
by farnanwilliam, October 22, 2022, 04:12:41 AM
by berryjohnson, February 05, 2020, 12:41:49 PM
Page: 1/4  

Recently Added Files

tamil - months by BhavaniJothi, Dec. 05, 2019
More Shapes - More shapes not originally included in L... by Kballent, Oct. 23, 2019
test1 - test by SSbei, Sep. 08, 2019
Purple Foods - I made some lessons with colored food f... by Kballent, Aug. 07, 2019
Green Foods - I made some lessons with colored food f... by Kballent, Aug. 07, 2019
Yellow Foods - I made some lessons with colored food f... by Kballent, Aug. 07, 2019
Orange - I made some lessons with colored food f... by Kballent, Aug. 07, 2019
Red Food - I made some lessons with colored food f... by Kballent, Aug. 07, 2019
White Foods - As part of Color Themes I made some less... by Kballent, Aug. 07, 2019
Fruits & veggies mascots - This is Polish \"must have\" mascots :) ... by Agnole, Feb. 24, 2018
Page: 1/3  

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 214667
  • Latest: sejal01
Stats
  • Total Posts: 110526
  • Total Topics: 19136
  • Online Today: 165
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:09:49 AM)
Users Online