Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie needs help please.  (Read 37925 times)
FunGran
Newborn

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2017, 04:52:44 PM »

Hello,

I am a grandmother and would like to help my grandchildren into early learning.
However I am very new to this system and unsure how to proceed.
I have read a couple of Glenn Domans books and am very excited about the possibilities.
The problem is I have one grandchild of 32 months, one of 19 months and one due in Oct.

I am unsure where to start with the older 2, should I start at the basics, should I teach them together or separately, what areas should I start with - reading, maths, encyclopedic?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

FunGran

vvaneesa
Toddler

Children are made readers on the laps of their parents.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 04:15:14 AM »

You can get many of the best kinds of educational learning and cognitive development toys that facilitate your child's intellectual, social and emotional development from websites that specialize in developmental expert-selected toys. Still, the best toys are those that can be used in a variety of ways, some of which your child will invent themselves.

Examples of unstructured, multipurpose toys include clay, blocks, balls, and pretend play toys like wagons, generic toy figures, stuffed animals and baby dolls--all of these encourage play that children can control and shape to meet their individual needs over time. The best thing is that some of these toys are also the most inexpensive or free (like stackable plastic containers and boxes around the house)!

It's good to have educational play interactions with your little one, but also let them have regular, uninterrupted playtime (away from the TV or DVD player) and let them know that play is important by encouraging it every day.

I am Only 2 year old, But I Can Read... Click here 👨‍👶🏽👩‍ www.teachachildtoreadfast.weebly.com 👨‍👶🏽👩‍  to watch an amazing video of a 2 year old child reading
AZVAY
Newborn

Tư vấn vay thế chấp | đáo hạn ngân hàng lãi suất thấp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 07:40:55 AM »

If it was me, I would let the kids play comfortably, learn about the surroundings, play games, get acquainted with many friends. Children should learn to read, write, learn math and science as they grow older. Let things be natural, because they are too young. blush

« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 07:43:46 AM by Thebank » Logged

I love kids and my website: https://azvay.com
Martusia
http://www.earlylearningprintables.com
Infant

http://earlylearning-eaton.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 04:18:47 AM »

Hi FunGran,
I don't see anyone who answers your question so I will try to do it.
It's always good to start with the basic. You have 2 little babies and it's safe to start with basic flashcards of colors, family members, things around the house etc /bits of Intelligence-pictures only. I would make a daily schedule and a list of flashcards you want to show and start showing to babies. It will be lots of testing and tries if you will be able to do these sessions together. The younger babies may want to sleep when the other one is fresh and ready etc.

I can give you a tip that may work for you as it worked for me. I created a very comfortable spot for my boys which was a little corner with books around. There was a little child size sofa which boys loved to sit on. I invited them with a convincing, happy voice to come over. I called my sessions "Bit time" so that's what I called when it was time for a session. They loved it and they always were coming to play with me.
Always finish your session with a game. Give them a chance to participate to touch flashcards and just simply play with them. Have fun, laugh and be happy.

I would start with picture flashcards-bits. Then once it progresses and you see that children are ok with sessions you can introduce math or English. Don't' try to introduce everything at once. It may be overwhelming at first and hard to you. It's really hard work if you want to run few programs with 2 children. It may be done of course, but take time, observe your babies. Look if they like it and if it works. Test different method, different times and places. Then slowly progress.

Have your flashcards ready and prepared a month in advance. Time goes quickly and you may run out of flashcards so it's better to be proactive.
Let me know if that answered your question. Shoot me an email at [email protected] if you have more questions. Good luck!
Marta

Martusia
EarlyLearningPrintables.com
StevenBhardwaj
Newborn

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 02:25:42 AM »

Hi FunGran,

Much encouragement with your Early Learning efforts!

I'm an EL recipient/alum as well as an EL parent now. My mother started me on the Doman program when I was around 20 months, and my older brother around 35 months, and I feel like we both benefited much from it.

I don't have personal experience starting EL with 2-3year-old's, as we started my daughter around 6 months old. But I do feel like my brother and myself definitely got a head start on reading and math from my mother's efforts.

Looking forward to hearing about your experience!

Cheers
-Steven B

Musicalherome
Newborn

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 03:46:26 AM »

Hey Fungran, I'd teach them all together if you can teach them in a fun way. survey suggest that kids learning improves significantly within learning groups.
but in case of Math, it's  a bit different. Math is especial in teaching and learning, not all of kids display enthusiasm in learning and those reluctant may reduce incentive for other learning group kids. smile

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Recent Threads

by newassignmentau, September 29, 2023, 09:52:09 AM
by jasminfernandes, August 18, 2023, 05:42:02 AM
by Annasprachzentrum, August 02, 2023, 08:27:26 PM
by Brileydavis, February 07, 2023, 07:31:40 AM
by justin robinson, January 18, 2023, 12:01:12 PM
by justin robinson, January 18, 2023, 11:26:28 AM
by justin robinson, January 18, 2023, 11:17:08 AM
by justin robinson, January 18, 2023, 11:02:35 AM
by justin robinson, January 18, 2023, 09:45:06 AM
by Thepharmacity, January 04, 2023, 06:12:34 AM
by Sara Sebastian, December 20, 2022, 02:04:21 PM
by Kays1s, December 05, 2022, 02:02:24 AM
by ashokrawat1256, November 11, 2022, 04:54:21 AM
by farnanwilliam, October 22, 2022, 04:12:41 AM
by berryjohnson, February 05, 2020, 12:41:49 PM
Page: 1/4  

Recently Added Files

tamil - months by BhavaniJothi, Dec. 05, 2019
More Shapes - More shapes not originally included in L... by Kballent, Oct. 23, 2019
test1 - test by SSbei, Sep. 08, 2019
Purple Foods - I made some lessons with colored food f... by Kballent, Aug. 07, 2019
Green Foods - I made some lessons with colored food f... by Kballent, Aug. 07, 2019
Yellow Foods - I made some lessons with colored food f... by Kballent, Aug. 07, 2019
Orange - I made some lessons with colored food f... by Kballent, Aug. 07, 2019
Red Food - I made some lessons with colored food f... by Kballent, Aug. 07, 2019
White Foods - As part of Color Themes I made some less... by Kballent, Aug. 07, 2019
Fruits & veggies mascots - This is Polish \"must have\" mascots :) ... by Agnole, Feb. 24, 2018
Page: 1/3  

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 110526
  • Total Topics: 19136
  • Online Today: 119
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:09:49 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 147