I can't download it, it won't open.
Hi Vera, which browser did you use when you tried downloading? If you used Internet Explorer, please choose to "Save" the file rather than opening it, and once the download is complete you can try if it installs or opens without errors. Alternatively, you may try using a different browser like Firefox
in case the download problem is browser-related.
If you're still having problems, please let us know which particular step(s) you are stuck in (you may refer to KL's post at the beginning of this topic for the complete steps).
Parents from my community experienced a few issues when they attempted to install LMs:
- Installation was successfully. However, the software stops working the next day and asked for a license key. They changed the calendar from Thai to English but still did not work. The only way to get it to work right now is uninstalling and re-installing LMs again.
- Installation was complete but when some of them try to reopen it again the next day, they were asked to input a license key. So, they reactivated LMs again but they received an error message "This license key already exists. Please enter a new license key and try again”.
- LMs crashed while playing.
Mine is Build 560 but works really well. It only crashed on me a few times. Do I need to upgrade LMs to 561?
Hi Elle, kindly ask your friends to install 1.0.561 and try this while connected to the Internet:
1. Open (or restart) Little Musician and wait a few seconds until you see the message "License key status has changed. Little Musician will now refresh." If this message doesn't appear after a minute or two, you may still try the next step.
2. Click OK in the "refresh" window, and after Little Musician refreshes, check for the following:
> You don't have a "Trial Version" label in the Little Musician window's title bar or in "Tools > Software Information" (beside the software version number)
> If the content file has been imported already, "Tools > Software Information" should have the license key displayed beside "BrillKids Music Course (Semester 1)" and "BrillKids Music Course (Semester 2)"
** For those who haven't imported the license key when they had 560, they may try importing the key after installing 561.
We're already investigating about this issue, but do try the suggestion above in the meantime and see if it helps.
About 1.0.560, it does work fine except that there's a bug in the Media Library screen -- LMs will crash if you try creating a new Icon Set. Once you encounter this bug you can still use LMs, but you won't be able to use the Media Library screen by then. We've fixed this bug in 561, so for those interested in looking around the Media Library, it's best to uninstall 560 and then install 561.