After over 4 years of development and half a year of beta testing, the day has finally come for Little Musician to be officially launched!
Once again, thank you so much for your patience with this project! Special thanks go out to all the beta testers who gave feedback. Your feedback has been invaluable and has helped take the product to a much higher level. THANK YOU!Price, Promotion, Discount
For a limited time, it will be on a Promotional Offer of $175.
Purchasing it at this promotional offer will be as if you had purchased it as part of a LR, LM and LMs bundle, so in effect, you have not lost out by not having been able to purchase it as a bundle before.
For those of you who do not have LR and LM either, you have the option of purchasing all three as a value bundle too. (There will no longer be just a LR+LM bundle.)
Those of you who participated in our Beta Survey will also receive an email very soon with a 5% discount coupon that can be applied to that price too.Physical Box set and Shipping
You may purchase Little Musician Basic as a box set or download only. Please note that if you choose the box set, you will be able to download Little Musician immediately, but the box set might not be ready for shipment until end of June
. Of course, there will also be shipping charges.
If you’re in Singapore, Hong Kong, UK, or Thailand, you may also choose to purchase it from your local distributor: http://www.brillkids.com/distributors.php Beta Users - PLEASE NOTE!
If you previously installed the beta version of the software:PLEASE COMPLETELY UNINSTALL THE BETA SOFTWARE FIRST!
(When asked during uninstalling, please choose to also delete your database and media library.)
The release build unfortunately does not support old content. If there's something REALLY must transfer over from beta, then export the content and send it to us and we'll see what we can do.
And that’s all! Thank you, and I hope you all enjoy Little Musician as much as we did creating it!
==================What’s New In This Release Build?Since the first beta version (Build 561):RAINBOW COLORS
- For Sem1 and 2, virtually all notes on the staff (except in Rhythm) will show either rainbow-colored notes, rainbow-colored icons, or icons. In the first year, we're using color-association to make the notes and pitches more easily identifiable. We'll start dropping it come Sem 3 and 4.RHYTHM
- We now start with quarter notes/crotchets, then eighth notes/quavers, before introducing half notes/minims and whole notes/semibreves.CLAP-ALONG
- We now start with 'every beat' instead of 'first beat'. We've also added a few more clap rhythms which are more challenging, like 2+3, 3+4, and even 'mixed' (which changes clap rhythms during the song).KEYBOARD
- We also now have rainbow-colored highlights as well as key-labels.Since the second beta version (Build 564):START GUIDE
- The Start Guide is now ready (except for the Video Tutorials section, which is coming soon). I would encourage all of you to read it if you want to get maximum enjoyment out of Little Musician. In addition, you may download the booklets “Teaching Your Young Child Music” and “Teaching With Little Musician”. Before using LMs, I encourage you to download and read the latter:http://www.brillkids.com/media/ebooks/ebook-teaching-with-little-musician.pdf RESOURCES SECTION
- This is a brand new section that you’ll find amongst the main buttons on top. In it, you'll see a directory of embedded YouTube links that will show videos of instruments, composer pieces, popular classics, etc. After a day's lesson ends, you will also be taken to a page here that shows videos of all the Knowledge lessons (instruments/composer and classics) shown that day.MUSIC APPRECIATION
- For the music appreciation lesson at the end, we have added a picture of a child conductor. This picture is to act as a prompt for you to help your child pretend to be a conductor as she listens to the music. So grab a child-friendly stick or pen, and perhaps one day she’ll be as ‘into’ music as this boy:
http://www.youtube.com/v/0REJ-lCGiKU&rel=1DOWNLOADING CONTENT + LICENCE KEY
- We’ve streamlined the whole process to make it much easier for you to download and import your content and license key.
After you have installed the software, just go to your Account Management page, and click on the content link, and that’s it!
After clicking on the link, Little Musician will pop up and automatically download and import both your content as well as your license key, so you just have to sit tight and wait for it to be done. If the downloading is taking too long and you want to play with the software first, you can ABORT the download and resume it again later by restarting the software.
For more info, see here:http://support.brillkids.com/entries/21317172-installing-and-setting-up-your-little-musician-from-your-brillkids-accountMANY BUG FIXES AND MINOR ENHANCEMENTS
Apart from the above, we’ve also made countless fixes, tweaks, and enhancements, which some of you will no doubt notice as you play the lessons through.